Friday, December 30, 2016

Good News on my CLL (chronic lymphocytic leukemia) to close out the year



ZENDO
More good news as the year draws to a close. 

I recently received my flow cytometry tests from Dr. Byrd done at Ohio State earlier in the month. I already knew that my absolute lymphocyte count (ALC) had dipped a little which is good news, but it is really the actually count of the cancer cells that matters when our numbers are normal as in my case. If they are high, then it is simple, most of the ALC will be made up by the malignant CLL cells.

When the numbers are low or normal (which is a good thing), only an expensive flow cytometry test that fingerprints the surface markers of my lymphocytes will reveal the details of the cancer's growth or retreat.

My clone of cancerous B cells that had been climbing at a very slow rate for about 3 years, but had recently sped up and tripled in the 90 days prior to the testing done 3 months ago at my prior visit to Columbus on Sept. 26, 2016, has now dropped a bit in the last 90 days. 

This is only the second time in the last three year that the growth of my cancer has taken a break or preferably a brake, and I am sure happy about that. It is the best possible news for the end of the year.

I am still waiting on more details and more testing, but this is reason enough to celebrate. 

I will likely do that by spending new year's eve at the Rinzai-ji Zen Center where instead of bubbly I will mediating and drinking tea. 

In silence.

Meditation is a much higher high, though I do admit the occasional flute of good champagne is pretty special.


Happy New Year to All
SaveSave

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home